Engine REALLY loud when idling?

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engine REALLY loud when idling?

Engine REALLY loud when idling?

I have a 2012 with 35k miles on it. I notice at times when the car is stopped that the engine is really loud...like a fan sound? I live in FL and it is usually when the weather is hot. I don't notice the idle being high......but the fan sound is like my car is going to blow up.

The "gentleman" at the dealership said its normal. His wifes does that too. Of course my warranty is up in a couple hundred miles...I will make sure they write it out on my receipt correctly.

I hate all the stupid games service departments play by leaving off issues you mention, not putting mileage in and out on the receipts.

Any feedback would be great. My car is in shop right now because it would not start this morning. Dealership says it was a bad battery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

I'm having the same engine noise issue so please let me know if you find out anything regarding it.

I am having the same issue plus a faulty key pad on the driver and passenger doors

5. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi Buickman2012,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with your vehicle. If any extra help is needed, feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name. We will be glad to contact your dealership on your behalf and assist with setting up an appointment for a proper vehicle diagnosis. I look forward to help with your concern!

Kristen A.
    Buick Customer Care
    The new Owner's Center is here, visit: my.buick.com!!

kclock

Im having the same issue with the fan sound. I have had complete strangers walk past me and say "geez, it sounds like your car is about to blow up". I cant believe that this is normal even though I have taken it to the dealer two times and was told that is the way they are suppose to sound. They also made no note of it on my work order sheet. Should I try another dealer?

My 2012 Verano is also doing the same thing. I took it to the dealer back where I purchased the car and was told it was normal at the end of last year. I have since moved to SC. Anyway, I took it to another Buick dealer and was told they could not find any issues even though i told them the engine light had come on saying something like, "engine idle engne overheated." A co-worker and I went to lunch today and it did it again. I called the dealer and of course my B2B warranty just expired so if I want it to be looked at I will need to pay $100. I say that this is ridiculous seeing how it is practically a new car still and you would think I wouldn't be having this much difficulty with a car that has mainly highway mileage and is only at 53K

Quote Originally Posted by RNCM View Post
    My 2012 Verano is also doing the same thing. I took it to the dealer back where I purchased the car and was told it was normal at the end of last year. I have since moved to SC. Anyway, I took it to another Buick dealer and was told they could not find any issues even though i told them the engine light had come on saying something like, "engine idle engne overheated." A co-worker and I went to lunch today and it did it again. I called the dealer and of course my B2B warranty just expired so if I want it to be looked at I will need to pay $100. I say that this is ridiculous seeing how it is practically a new car still and you would think I wouldn't be having this much difficulty with a car that has mainly highway mileage and is only at 53K
    Hi RNCM! We definitely understand your frustrations and realize this is not something you expect to happen to a newer vehicle. If you'd like to private message us your VIN, contact information and preferred service center we'll gladly reach out to them to discuss possibly getting this taken care of for you. If interested please do not hesitate to contact us.

Amber N.
    Buick Customer Care
    The new Owner's Center is here, visit: my.buick.com!!

I think that engine noise has a lot to do with the waterfall grill. Mine does it as well and I have tested a bunch of newer Veranos 2014, 2015, etc. it seems to be present on every Verano ever made. To one degree or another.

I'm currently dealing with this. The engine fan is loud and continues running for minutes after turning the car off and removing the keys. Just left the dealership for the second time after the temperature gauge on my car started to move while idle. They tried to explain that was normal which I refuted considering I'm never seen it happen before and I have 59k miles on my 2012 Verano. He kept asking me if the car actually ran hot, which I replied no because I turned the car off before the gauge reached the red. I've dealt with a blow engine before because of overheating. It's not fun nor cheap.

The service guy ended up putting more engine coolant in my car which was strange considering I had just took it to them two weeks ago and they said everything was fine. I'm going to check my coolant again tomorrow. I'm starting to think there's a leak that's causing the engine to run hotter than normal and to think I bought a new car to avoid these issues....Go luck everyone!

It's official. I have a coolant leak. Which is interesting considering I took my car to the dealership twice and they continued to tell me how it was normal for my engine fan to continue to run while my car is off, like nothing else could be causing that. A day after the service guy put coolant in my car, it's empty again...Thanks Buick for such great service...NOT! This better still be under warranty. Barely, 9k mines over the 50k and I already have issue. SMH. Why did I buy a new car???

13. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)