Condensation on the windshield

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condensation on the windshield

Condensation on the windshield

In the mornings when the air is on, a small amount of air blows through the windshield defrosters. Condensation and a good amount of water builds up on the outside of the windshield. I have complained and was told in Central Florida we have humidity and dewpoint. Yes, I am 47 years old, born and raised here in Cnetral Florida, I am aware of these attributes of living in this area. This is the 13th vehicle I have purchased in my life and the first vehicle where this is an issue. All of these vehicles were purchased in Central Florida. I took the car to the dealership where a young man explained heat, humidity and dewpoint to me. This information was not news to me. I was told to turn the air to 65 degrees and select the option where the air will come from the outside of the car rather than circulating from inside the car. This does not work. This has been an issue since I purchased the car 2 months ago. GM says there is nothing wrong with the car and will do nothing about it. Therefore, this WILL be my last GM product.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hello Kpmalone,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. I can certainly understand the frustrations associated with your vehicle not performing as expected. May I be of assistance to you in researching options for a more favorable resolution to your concern? I look forward to your response and working with you.

Marlea Wilson
    Buick Customer Service
    The new Owner's Center is here, visit: my.buick.com!!

Marlea,

Not sure what you can do as GM has already called me to state the car is working as designed so there is nothing they can do. If there is something you can do please let me know.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Turn on the a/c, windows will clear off. This is nothing new, cars have done this forever.

I bought the 2013 Verano yesterday and have the same issue with the front defrost causing condensation build up on the windshield. I agree with Kpmalone's post. It is also humid down here in Texas. I have never come across this issue with any other vehicle I have owned. Then again I have never owned a vehicle where the defrost runs all the time. It does help some if I turned the air up some but why should I have to do that. If I wanted the defrost on I would press the front defrost button. If I want to blow the A/C at my body 58 degrees, I should be able to without sacrificing the windshield visibility.

Other than that I am very happy with the car.

I live in SW Florida and I am having the same issue with condensation on the windshield. I took it to the dealer the day after I purchased it an they told me that these cars are built so airtight that it causes condensation. I Am 49 years old and have owned about 15 cars and trucks in my lifetime and have never experienced this. I am very mechanically inclined and I know that when you have the A/C turned on to the occupants it should not blow out of the front defrost and create this condensation. If I want to defrost my windshield I wii turn it on myself.Buick needs to take a look at this issue and get it resolved. I am a loyal GM customer but this issue is really making me think this was a bad purchase.

The service department and the cooperate office both told me that the verano is designed to do this. It sounds like a design flaw and it is going to cause someone to get into an accident one day.

I bought a Verano in September 2013 here in South Florida and it happens the same condensation issue. I post in here to, to see if someone can help, since the dealer can't help us. To me this is a safety issue, the condensation is so bad that you can't see the car in the front if you don't have your windshield wipers on, if they are broke you may crash. I have been searching the internet and apparently there are lots of people complaining about the same issue we should file a class action lawsuit, maybe that way they hear us and do something about it. It is a shame that kind of problem in a new car but it is worst that they don't do anything to keep customers happy. I don't want my car, I want them to get me another Buick model or a GMC or get rid of the lease. I think it is not fair to make a monthly payment on something that is not working well.

may be it will be a big problem for but i also have same but other than this GM motor car is far better than other brands.although everyone have their own opinion so may be you will not agree with me though thanks for sharing it here.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.

13. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)