Continued problems with 2012 Verano

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Continued problems with 2012 Verano

Continued problems with 2012 Verano

Well, I took my Verano back into the dealership (3 times now for this issue) becuase the moaning in the engine is getting worse and lasting for longer durations. I originally was told it must be "normal" since they couldn't seem to find anything wrong. The second time was to another certified service department and they said there was nothing wrong. This time the technician went out with me in the car and said "that definitely doesn't sound normal or right". He was sure he knew what the problem was. What they did to correct the problem DID NOT! I am at my wits end. I would love to have a GM rep drive in this car and see how long they would tolerate this noise.
    There is also a rattling/clattering noise coming from in front of the drivers position. They said it was the stripping on the windshield (which is on recall of which I was not notified). This did not correct the problem. I think it i coming from much lower down and towards the front wheel well.
    This is my 3rd GM car in a row with major issues developing in the very early stages of life.
    I had a Cadillac CTS which was in the shop 123 days of the 2 years and 9 months that I owned it. I bought a new 2012 Malibu 2LS last spring that had 11 visits to the shop in the first 4 months of ownership with roof issues that couldn't be fixed. GM ended up buying it back and let me get the Verano instead. I thought with a Buick I was going to get better quality but it seems I am wrong!!
    I wish someone from GM Buick service would call me back and talk with me. I feel as if GM really doesn't care and I am at the end of my patience. I have wasted more gas and time out of my life on problem vehicles from GM. I really think the best bet moving forward for me is to by foreign, of which I never have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi tenor1962,

I am sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. It is of utmost importance to Buick that you receive the highest customer service experience possible. If you could private message me your name, full address, phone number, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of preferred dealership, I can look into the issue further for you. Thank you!

Jessica
    Buick Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by tenor1962 View Post
    Well, I took my Verano back into the dealership (3 times now for this issue) becuase the moaning in the engine is getting worse and lasting for longer durations. I originally was told it must be "normal" since they couldn't seem to find anything wrong. The second time was to another certified service department and they said there was nothing wrong. This time the technician went out with me in the car and said "that definitely doesn't sound normal or right". He was sure he knew what the problem was. What they did to correct the problem DID NOT! I am at my wits end. I would love to have a GM rep drive in this car and see how long they would tolerate this noise.
    There is also a rattling/clattering noise coming from in front of the drivers position. They said it was the stripping on the windshield (which is on recall of which I was not notified). This did not correct the problem. I think it i coming from much lower down and towards the front wheel well.
    This is my 3rd GM car in a row with major issues developing in the very early stages of life.
    I had a Cadillac CTS which was in the shop 123 days of the 2 years and 9 months that I owned it. I bought a new 2012 Malibu 2LS last spring that had 11 visits to the shop in the first 4 months of ownership with roof issues that couldn't be fixed. GM ended up buying it back and let me get the Verano instead. I thought with a Buick I was going to get better quality but it seems I am wrong!!
    I wish someone from GM Buick service would call me back and talk with me. I feel as if GM really doesn't care and I am at the end of my patience. I have wasted more gas and time out of my life on problem vehicles from GM. I really think the best bet moving forward for me is to by foreign, of which I never have.
    The new Owner's Center is here, visit: my.buick.com!!

I would love to call you Tenor- same rattling noise here and even executive office refused to help. These are lemons. I had 12 trips and was told it was a defect I had to live with. They refused to let me get out of car and get something else.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

I had a similar issue, i took the car back to carmax to try and determine what the problem was....no help there so i took it to my local buick dealer. they found that there was a build up of leaves down inside my cowl (no visible) and it was circulating in the cowl once i was up to speed. it sounded like a slapping/ rattling noise. once this was cleaned out , i haven't heard anything since.

~Just a thought.

7. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)