To all the current owners. Have you had any issues so far? - Page 12

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: To all the current owners. Have you had any issues so far?

Quote Originally Posted by trsmith View Post
    While the Verano and the Cruze are on the same platform, it is not "based on" the Cruze.
    The Verano shares with the Chinese Buick Excelle and the Opel Astra. The Cruze shares with the Opel/Vauxhall Zafira.

I leased a LT2 Cruze and am currently leasing a Verano and have had minimal issues with both vehicles. (so far with the Verano)
    The only problem I really had with the Cruze was discovering an electrical harness under the hood that was damaged by rodents a couple weeks after the warranty ended. (bad timing on my part).

With the Verano, the only issues are spotty interface between phone and the infotainment system. (I've found that bluetooth works better than the connecting with the phone cable), a bad valve stem on front passenger tire, and a mechanical sounding clunk when accelerating from a stop.
    Hi trsmith,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing these concerns with your Verano. Were you able to communicate with your dealer regarding these concerns? Please feel free to send us a private message with any questions or should you need our assistance, as we would be more than happy to get in touch with your dealership on your behalf. If you do decide to reach out to us, please be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, full contact information and the name of your preferred local dealer. Hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,

Shane M.
    Buick Customer Care
    The new Owner's Center is here, visit: my.buick.com!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ssheyn View Post
    3rd popped OEM 235/45R18 Continental Conti Pro tire and its not even 40k miles old. Tire was not made for Ohio roads - pops like circus baloons. Been replacing with Good Eagle LS ($70 per tire cheaper snd more rugged for pothole ridden roads). At this poibt there is one original tire left on the chassis (back right). Another strike against GM engineering. Do NOT buy GM cars, not a quality-made car. Very sad to see how low it's fallen in 10 years..
    I can't believe you have the audacity to buy a salvage vehicle and complain about things breaking. That would be the reason the insurance company didn't fix the car to begin with. It was damaged beyond repair. Buick has had a stellar quality record recently, in face in some cases it has been ranked #1 or second only to Lexus.

Quote Originally Posted by buchdor2834 View Post
    Yes, Big time! I have a 2013 Verano with 27,500 miles on it. 3 months ago I was driving down a city street at 35 mph when the engine quit. I was able to pull into a parking lot, pushed the start button and it started. Took it into the dealer, they could find nothing wrong. Suggested it might be the kind of fuel I was using. Two months and 2400 miles laterand using highest octane gasoline, the engine quit as I pulled up to a stop light but started as soon as I pushed the button. Dealer kept it three days but could find nothing wrong. Two weeks ago and 1100 miles later it happened again while driving down a city street at 40 mph but wouldn't start in the first attempt. I tried two more times and still wouldn't start. I waited about 10 - 15 seconds, pushed the start button and it started. Dealer kept it a week, did all kinds of testing, talked with engineer/techs at GM and still have no idea what is happening. GM told me they have had no reports of this kind of problem with the Verano. If anyone out there has had this problem and taken it to a GM dealer please email me so I can inform GM. I am afraid to drive my car in any area where I can't get off the road easily.

Was wondering if you ever got this problem fixed?? I currently have a 2012 verano and it started doing this past couple days..just hit 70k miles...have also noticed loud engine and it has an oil problem (as in it will be just fine.and a week later be 1qt.-2 qt. Low)...ANYONE havi g similar issues?????

5. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

North American car a problem for you. Where do you think BMW 3 and 5 series are made, not to mention Toyota and Nissan. The Verano Is not what many people think. It is not a retooled Cruze, they just share underpinnings. the Verano is actually a Opel Astra, a German manufacturer that GM owns. Do your research before you trash built in America.

This is showing up way beyond the post I was replying to. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by bwborel; 05-29-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Do us all proud Buick owners a favor and sell the car. Oh thats right you cant sell it because it has a Salvage title.How can you complain about anything when you bought a "Salvage" Vehicle. That vehicle must have been crashed and the insurance company said it was beyond repair. In case you didn't know, thats what a salvage vehicle is! Good luck and stop complaining. My Verano I have had for 3 years and have not had any cause to bring it in for anything other than oil change and tire rotations. Thats it. I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssheyn View Post
    2012 Buick Verano, 36k miles. Problems so far: 2 tire popped (Continental Conti Pros - garbage; get Good Eagle LS), headlight connector partially melted at the plug, StabiliTrak wire corroded along the harnes near firewall along with Steering sensor going crazy (cost me almost $1000 out of pocket), Oil change unreasonably difficult (very tight spaces, need special tools, adapters and extensions), body panels impossibly hard to screw together (especially fender and bumper). Car is a nightmare to work on, electronic system junky, wheel are crap from the OEM. Did I mention cloth insert in the leather seat already showing sign of wear after a year? Never buying another Buick.

I wish I had found this site a long time ago. I bought a 2012 Verano in May 2012 and I loved it. I had several issues but blew them off as coincidences because I didn't want to accept the car wasn't what I wanted it to be. Now I am ready to junk it, but I can't afford to.

1. Within the first 6 month I had 3 tires repaired and had to replace 1 that blew out. I have since replaced all the tires.
    2. I have had ongoing sporadic electrical issues. Sometimes the USB port works and other times it doesn't. Same with the Bluetooth. It's totally random.
    3. I've been stranded twice because the car would not recognize the remote.
    4. I do not know how to explain this correctly but the car "jerks" quite often when I am stopped in traffic or at a stop light. Sometimes it's a slight jerk and other times it's really bad. Once I thought I was rear ended because it was so hard but when I looked back, there was nothing behind me.
    5. Around 49,000 miles the car died on me a couple of times and I took it in to the dealership. They ended up replacing the entire engine. I didn't get a clear explanation of what the problem was... I was just relieved that it was covered under the warranty.
    6. The car seemed fine for a couple of months after the engine was replaced but then the "jerking" started up again. It is becoming more frequent now.
    7. The A/C has been acting up for the last month. It will only work on full blast. If you turn it down, it won't blow out any air at all. Then today it died completely. The air compressor kicks on but absolutely no air comes out. I live in West Texas... It was 107 degrees today when I left work and discovered the A/C is completely out.

The dealership here is the hardest place I've ever had to work with. They do not answer the phone or return calls. The only way to talk to them is to take the car to them... And then it takes them a week to look at it... And they won't call you... You have to go back to the dealership for an update. They are overloaded with work and understaffed. I have to rent a car before I can take mine in because I know I'm not going to see it again for at least a week. I'm so beyond frustrated I don't know what to do!

Yes I do and I have serval other issues with the car as well . My radio turns off by its self when I am driving then turns back on. I have a humming noise coming from the engine. I also have a clicking and grinding noise under my driver side floor when I turn the car. Now my park assit alert comes on says it's off but in settings it states it's on. Get a loud poping noise from the back of my car when stop or driving. Brought it too the dealer said the car is fine they had it for three weeks . Has anyone had these issues with 2013 Buick Verano ? If so where your issues resolved and how? I only had the car for 8 months with under 60,000 miles. So frustrated with this car.

10. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)