To all the current owners. Have you had any issues so far? - Page 3

  1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

    Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117

Thread: To all the current owners. Have you had any issues so far?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
    We picked up our new Verano two weeks ago. At 1,000 miles no issues other than I'm not sure about the combined city/highway mileage at 23mpg. I sure hope it improves.
    with my experience owning cars, after the engine break in period you would start to see improvement in the gas mileage. But what is your driving style like currently? Do you do mostly city driving? highway driving?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    After a month of research, picked up verano over the weekend. Love how the car drives, but found during a long drive, I am having outside front windshield condensation problem. I began to notice it as the sun was setting. With outside temperature at 80 plus degree here in FL, A/C was on at 68 or 70. I tried the defrost, which made the condensation worse. I tried to circulate the outside air which fogged inside the windshield as well. Only way I was able to get rid of the condensation was to set the temperature at 76 with A/C off with defroster on. With FL high temperature and huminity, I only last 5 minutes. I had to continue to use windshield wiper and heater/defrost for 3 hour drive home. The dealer thinks as long as I use A/C with the dash vent, the condensation should not occur. Again, I tested that theory today, which back fired. I guess I am taking the car back to the dealer again... 2nd time in 3 days (only owned the car for 6 days).

  4. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Same Issue

    I purchased my Verano one week ago and its been in the shop 2 TIMES! I am so disappointed!!
    I have the exact condensation issue. It happens at night, the windows fog up and the defroster doesn't clear it up. The only way is to use the windshield wiper to clear it up!
    I also have wind noise on the right passenger side -- so annoying! The dealer attempted to fix it the first time and its back today for the same issue along with the condensation!

    I haven't purchased a car in 9 years and wanted to buy "American" - so much for helping out the American companies--

  5. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Unbelievable response from the service department. Luckily I was able to show how bad the condensation was this morning as I dropped my Verno off. The A/C setting was set low on dash vent with outside air cicrculating at 68 degrees. The passenger side temp was set at 72. The condensation outside windshield start to built up within 10 minutes of driving just where the first vent was blowing. The size was approximately 4 in by the the length of the vent. The service rep was able to feel the cold air leaking on the dash vent at the setting I had. Now, I just got a call stating no repair will be done because every Verano the dealer has on his lat does exactly the same as mine. Also, Buick's (main off) Verano does the same. I don't understand how this is not a safety issue when the problem occurs at the worst time of the day (sundown) when the visibility already compromised. In addition to the fact that I am advised to use the A/c with limitations I this FL weather!

    I thought very highly of Buick driving Enclave, not I am very tempted to talk people out so driving one. It is incredible thought that every Verano is having same safety issued, but no corrective action is being made by Buick. I am so unhappy with this situation. I might have to start a blogg to stop people from buying especially Verano. I can't believe I bought this for my teenage son!

  7. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by buickfan View Post
    with my experience owning cars, after the engine break in period you would start to see improvement in the gas mileage. But what is your driving style like currently? Do you do mostly city driving? highway driving?
    I drive the same route of 82 miles per day that is a mix of highway and city. My 2000 Olds Intrigue got the same milage for the same commute and that while being a heavy car with a large V-6 engine. My driving style during commuting is aimed at getting the best MPG I can reasonably get in the commuter traffic.

    I've heard that GM programs some new engines to run a bit rich during the break-in period to help protect the engine. Then at some unknown to me mileage on the car, the ECU removes this rich condition. I don't know if this applies to the Verano.

  8. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
    I drive the same route of 82 miles per day that is a mix of highway and city. My 2000 Olds Intrigue got the same milage for the same commute and that while being a heavy car with a large V-6 engine. My driving style during commuting is aimed at getting the best MPG I can reasonably get in the commuter traffic.

    I've heard that GM programs some new engines to run a bit rich during the break-in period to help protect the engine. Then at some unknown to me mileage on the car, the ECU removes this rich condition. I don't know if this applies to the Verano.
    that would make sense, fuel does have some lubrication parts to it making it run rich is a good "insurance policy" for the engine
    have you spoken to your buick dealer about the unexpected gas mileage?

  9. #27
    Member Buick Customer Service's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    71
    Cajoling,

    Could you send me a private message with your information (name, number, address, VIN, current mileage, and Involved dealer), along with any other information you think I would need, so I can look into your situation?

    Evan, Buick Customer Service

  10. #28
    Member Buick Customer Service's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    71
    tampaverano,

    Could you also private message me your information (name, number, address, VIN, current mileage, and Involved dealer), along with any extra information you think I would need, so I can look into your situation?

    Evan, Buick Customer Service

  11. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    I purchased a 2012 Verano on July 23. My cd player does not work and satellite radio reception is horrible. Dealer says I need a "whole new radio unit". Buick customer service insists there are no radios available, they are on "back order" and they cannot switch from another new vehicle. They have no estimated date to be able to repair the radio. I am furious. Brand new car, and cd player and satellite radio BOTH do not work. Already spoke with customer service and "Buick district specialist" who informed me he "only works as liaison" and "has no information on parts or availability". Referred me to send certified letter to Buick. Absolutely infuriating.

  12. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by gkny View Post
    I purchased a 2012 Verano on July 23. My cd player does not work and satellite radio reception is horrible. Dealer says I need a "whole new radio unit". Buick customer service insists there are no radios available, they are on "back order" and they cannot switch from another new vehicle. They have no estimated date to be able to repair the radio. I am furious. Brand new car, and cd player and satellite radio BOTH do not work. Already spoke with customer service and "Buick district specialist" who informed me he "only works as liaison" and "has no information on parts or availability". Referred me to send certified letter to Buick. Absolutely infuriating.
    thats horrible. any update yet? i would imagine by now they have a new headunit ready for you. keep us posted on this situation. surprised buick customer service hasn't replied to your post.




  13. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. Expect less issues with the Buick Verano?
    By verano in forum Service Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 10:17 PM
  2. 2012 Civic Civic Hybrid/Si/Main Review - 8th Gen owners opinions !
    By verano.inline in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 04:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2