To all the current owners. Have you had any issues so far? - Page 11

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: To all the current owners. Have you had any issues so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Customer Service View Post
    Hi ssheyn,

We've responded to your message as well, but we apologize for any frustration you've experienced with your vehicle. Feel free to read over our message whenever you get a chance and we would be happy to further discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

Amber N.
    Buick Customer Care
    Responded where? I don't see anything in the inbox or elsewhere..

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Exclamation Air Cooling problems

I've had the Verano for a year now. In general it has been pretty good:EXCEPT yes I agree on the front seats they are a little stiff. Has anybody have had air conditioning problems. Mine is coming out at 58 degree's but the Dealer says he has no error codes so it is working fine. The loaner car he gave me had a range 39 to 41 degrees. When we took a drive with the loaner, he took mine back but I have not heard anything for two days.

I am having the same issue with the windshield fogging on the outside, and have a small shudder in the transmission when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I love the car so far though its more than I thought it would be. 2012 white diamond tricoat, 2.4, automatic, 32k miles.

5. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

2014 verano, windshield fogging does seem to be a common problem with the veranos along with the very loud noise of the engine fans on hot days. Anything we can do about these issues or are these inherent with the Verano ! Would like to have Customer Care reply to this post ! Otherwise very satisfied with performance so far with no other issues !

3rd popped OEM 235/45R18 Continental Conti Pro tire and its not even 40k miles old. Tire was not made for Ohio roads - pops like circus baloons. Been replacing with Good Eagle LS ($70 per tire cheaper snd more rugged for pothole ridden roads). At this poibt there is one original tire left on the chassis (back right). Another strike against GM engineering. Do NOT buy GM cars, not a quality-made car. Very sad to see how low it's fallen in 10 years..

Quote Originally Posted by ssheyn View Post
    2012 Buick Verano, 30k miles now. Issues so far:
    1) AC not performing in hot temps: blows cold air in the moderate weather, but craps out and pushes ambient temp air when it's hot (when it really matters.) Re-charged freon - didn't help. Anyone else ran into that? How to address?
    I have noticed that our A/C does not work all that well either, plan to take it to an outside shop that specializes in A/C systems in the spring.

Oh and a couple of more issues I forgot:
    3) Windshield sweats up (condensation builds up on the inside) really bad in rainy weather. Very aggravating when you are driving in intense rain and start losing visibility rapidly. From what I;ve read on this thread it's an inherent design flaw though.
    4) Intellilink starts playing musics and turns off the radio without comman when cellphone is plugged into USB port.
    I've noticed both of these issues as well, although the windshield issue seems to be very intermittent

Quote Originally Posted by joepaone View Post
    Has anybody have had air conditioning problems. Mine is coming out at 58 degree's but the Dealer says he has no error codes so it is working fine. The loaner car he gave me had a range 39 to 41 degrees. When we took a drive with the loaner, he took mine back but I have not heard anything for two days.
    Plan to take ours to an Independent shop to have the A/C looked at for these issues

3rd popped OEM 235/45R18 Continental Conti Pro tire and its not even 40k miles old. Tire was not made for Ohio roads - pops like circus baloons. Been replacing with Good Eagle LS ($70 per tire cheaper snd more rugged for pothole ridden roads). At this poibt there is one original tire left on the chassis (back right). Another strike against GM engineering. Do NOT buy GM cars, not a quality-made car. Very sad to see how low it's fallen in 10 years..
    Low profile tires are more prone to this than others, it's not a brand specific or GM specific thing. I have had this happen on an Audi with BF Goodrich low profile tires as well

2012 Buick Verano, 36k miles. Problems so far: 2 tire popped (Continental Conti Pros - garbage; get Good Eagle LS), headlight connector partially melted at the plug, StabiliTrak wire corroded along the harnes near firewall along with Steering sensor going crazy (cost me almost $1000 out of pocket), Oil change unreasonably difficult (very tight spaces, need special tools, adapters and extensions), body panels impossibly hard to screw together (especially fender and bumper). Car is a nightmare to work on, electronic system junky, wheel are crap from the OEM. Did I mention cloth insert in the leather seat already showing sign of wear after a year? Never buying another Buick.

Just to clarify ... The Verano is not "based" on the Cruze. They both simply share underpinnings. The closer relationship of the Verano would be the German made Opel Astra. GM owns Opel and used the 2010 Opel to develop its 2012 Verano. Just making this corrections because by stating that the Verano was "based" off the Cruze implies GM would be back to its 80's practices of rebadging. i can assure you, the Verano is a different car than the Cruse other than sharing the Delta 2 platform.

Verano is not a Cruze

While the Verano and the Cruze are on the same platform, it is not "based on" the Cruze.
    The Verano shares with the Chinese Buick Excelle and the Opel Astra. The Cruze shares with the Opel/Vauxhall Zafira.

I leased a LT2 Cruze and am currently leasing a Verano and have had minimal issues with both vehicles. (so far with the Verano)
    The only problem I really had with the Cruze was discovering an electrical harness under the hood that was damaged by rodents a couple weeks after the warranty ended. (bad timing on my part).

With the Verano, the only issues are spotty interface between phone and the infotainment system. (I've found that bluetooth works better than the connecting with the phone cable), a bad valve stem on front passenger tire, and a mechanical sounding clunk when accelerating from a stop.
    2014 Buick Verano
    Ashen Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by trsmith View Post
    With the Verano, the only issues are spotty interface between phone and the infotainment system. (I've found that bluetooth works better than the connecting with the phone cable), a bad valve stem on front passenger tire, and a mechanical sounding clunk when accelerating from a stop.
    I'm having the EXACT same problems you are having except for the bad stem valve. That mechanical clunk sound is the same problem I'm having in addition to the car pulling slightly to the left. Took it to the dealer and they can't duplicate it even after I told them it only happens while the car has not been running for an hour or more. I'm scheduled to see the service manager sometime next week about it. I'll keep you posted!

13. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)