To all the current owners. Have you had any issues so far? - Page 10

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: To all the current owners. Have you had any issues so far?

Not one issue. The car runs great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

2012 Buick Verano, 30k miles now. Issues so far:
    1) AC not performing in hot temps: blows cold air in the moderate weather, but craps out and pushes ambient temp air when it's hot (when it really matters.) Re-charged freon - didn't help. Anyone else ran into that? How to address?
    2) Airbag sensor going off all the time. Re-placed the coil spring (saw it in the news as the culprit of 90k car recall), didn't help at all. Kind of concerned as i drive in heavy traffic 2x a day. Anyone else out there? Hints?
    -thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssheyn View Post
    1) AC not performing in hot temps: blows cold air in the moderate weather, but craps out and pushes ambient temp air when it's hot (when it really matters.) Re-charged freon - didn't help. Anyone else ran into that? How to address?
    2) Airbag sensor going off all the time. Re-placed the coil spring (saw it in the news as the culprit of 90k car recall), didn't help at all. Kind of concerned as i drive in heavy traffic 2x a day. Anyone else out there? Hints?
    -thanks
    The dealer has no clue? Have the dealer contact GM engineering for help! It's available to them if they want to be bothered. If you get no results, just call GM CORPORATE in Detroit. It MIGHT help since they're having all these other problems! MAYBE now they will LISTEN to their customers! You have NOTHING to lose except time! Good luck. Report back so we know if you had any luck.
    Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get.

Replaced with Crystal Red 2013 Buick Verano Turbo with Nav on 1/31/13-2/29/16.
    Some pics: http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...k Verano Turbo

2016 Chevy Malibu 2XL Premier replaced the Verano 2/29/16. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/fast...02LZ%20Premier
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

5. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fastdriver View Post
    The dealer has no clue? Have the dealer contact GM engineering for help! It's available to them if they want to be bothered. If you get no results, just call GM CORPORATE in Detroit. It MIGHT help since they're having all these other problems! MAYBE now they will LISTEN to their customers! You have NOTHING to lose except time! Good luck. Report back so we know if you had any luck.
    Fastdriver,

Problem is it's a rebuilt title, so GM dealer won't pony up for rental, diagnosticsm repairs - nothing. It's all on me. I can try to pay it out of pocketm and fight GM bureaucrazy to get reimbursedm sue them, etc. Or I can try ti fix it myself for 1/10 the cost. What would you do? I'll call them about the AC though, bur I have a feeling I know what the answer will be. And from personal experience, the new Conti Pro at the dealer that costs $250+ I can get on the street and have mounted for $50, so I can imagine how much this crusade will add up to.. And I'll try to give corporate a call.

Oh and a couple of more issues I forgot:
    3) Windshield sweats up (condensation builds up on the inside) really bad in rainy weather. Very aggravating when you are driving in intense rain and start losing visibility rapidly. From what I;ve read on this thread it's an inherent design flaw though.
    4) Intellilink starts playing musics and turns off the radio without comman when cellphone is plugged into USB port.
    5) Wiper control shifter sucks. Frequency of wiping for intense rain is not adequate.

I agree with you. Same issue on mine.

OH! Not sure what a "rebuilt" title is. I have heard of them, but don't know if it means a LOST title or some SCAM so as not to find out what the history of the car is? See if the dealer will run the VIN number of the car. That way, ANY work done on the car at any GM dealer will show up. I don't know what else to tell you.
    Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get.

Replaced with Crystal Red 2013 Buick Verano Turbo with Nav on 1/31/13-2/29/16.
    Some pics: http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...k Verano Turbo

2016 Chevy Malibu 2XL Premier replaced the Verano 2/29/16. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/fast...02LZ%20Premier
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ssheyn View Post
    -thanks
    Hi ssheyn,

We've responded to your message as well, but we apologize for any frustration you've experienced with your vehicle. Feel free to read over our message whenever you get a chance and we would be happy to further discuss your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon.

Amber N.
    Buick Customer Care
    The new Owner's Center is here, visit: my.buick.com!!

Yes, Big time! I have a 2013 Verano with 27,500 miles on it. 3 months ago I was driving down a city street at 35 mph when the engine quit. I was able to pull into a parking lot, pushed the start button and it started. Took it into the dealer, they could find nothing wrong. Suggested it might be the kind of fuel I was using. Two months and 2400 miles laterand using highest octane gasoline, the engine quit as I pulled up to a stop light but started as soon as I pushed the button. Dealer kept it three days but could find nothing wrong. Two weeks ago and 1100 miles later it happened again while driving down a city street at 40 mph but wouldn't start in the first attempt. I tried two more times and still wouldn't start. I waited about 10 - 15 seconds, pushed the start button and it started. Dealer kept it a week, did all kinds of testing, talked with engineer/techs at GM and still have no idea what is happening. GM told me they have had no reports of this kind of problem with the Verano. If anyone out there has had this problem and taken it to a GM dealer please email me so I can inform GM. I am afraid to drive my car in any area where I can't get off the road easily.

Rebuilt means I bought it after accidents ('salvage') and fixed it myself (hence, "re-built'). GM doesn't honor the warranty after that, even if it has nothign to do with original accident (e.g. AC not working).

13. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)