rear speakers

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rear speakers

rear speakers

I have the 2013 base model without the Bose set up and would like to know are the rear speaker wires hidden and is there a factory amp for the 6 speaker set up? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

From my personal experience with previous cars, the wires shouldn't be hidden but neatly configured with a harness.

That's what I'm hoping for. If I removed the rear speaker deck , they might be there or possibly a side rear trunk panel. Thanks now if I could only find a way to give this car a little giddy up off d line, I'll be happy.,

5. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Figgy70 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for. If I removed the rear speaker deck , they might be there or possibly a side rear trunk panel. Thanks now if I could only find a way to give this car a little giddy up off d line, I'll be happy.,
    it should be like that, i could be wrong but no way of knowning for sure unless you rip it apart! once you do take some pic's!

Vehicles with base speakers uses a different wiring harness (with a lot fewer wires) than the Bose system and do not have the rear package shelf speakers or front center dash speaker.

The Bose system amp is located behind the trim on the passenger side trunk wheel well. It is powered by the rear fuse box located behind the trim on the driver side trunk wheel well. The rear fuse box is powered by one of the four underhood 80 amp prefueses by the positive battery post. The audio wiring is shielded and comes down the vehicle by the right door sills. It would be a good challenge to properly add an aftermarket amp.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Vehicles with base speakers uses a different wiring harness (with a lot fewer wires) than the Bose system and do not have the rear package shelf speakers or front center dash speaker.

The Bose system amp is located behind the trim on the passenger side trunk wheel well. It is powered by the rear fuse box located behind the trim on the driver side trunk wheel well. The rear fuse box is powered by one of the four underhood 80 amp prefueses by the positive battery post. The audio wiring is shielded and comes down the vehicle by the right door sills. It would be a good challenge to properly add an aftermarket amp.
    Thankfully the AMP is located their. Some car makers place the amp in the trunk in line with where the trunk opens which in the future can start to leak and drip into the amp....when that happens....bye bye amp!

So if i wanted to add a bass link sub and rear speakers to my 6 speaker setup, I have to tap into the wire harness on the pass. side door sill and is this located by the kick panel? Also, would it be a problem placing the heavy gauge amp/fuse wire to the rear fuse box ? Thanks for the help.

The rear fuse box is not standard. It is driven by option content. I believe that you need to have AMP(which you do not have), heated steering wheel, rear parking aid, or heated leather seats to have a rear fuse box.

Just checked today and I have a rear fuse box and it has a few fuses in it along with wires going in and out but don't know what it's for . When I get some time, I'll goto my install guy and have him do some work. I'll post any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Figgy70 View Post
    Just checked today and I have a rear fuse box and it has a few fuses in it along with wires going in and out but don't know what it's for . When I get some time, I'll goto my install guy and have him do some work. I'll post any info.
    Awesome, can't wait for the info.

13. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)