Which D.O.T. rating brake Fluid do you use for your Verano?

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which D.O.T. rating brake Fluid do you use for your Verano?

Which D.O.T. rating brake Fluid do you use for your Verano?

Which D.O.T. brake fluid do you guys use?

Would you guys ever run a D.O.T. 5 brake Fluid or just run OEM D.O.T. Spec fluid?

Though ive herd of a ton of people running RBF600

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

i would never run a DOT 5 brake fluid way to much work, that brake fluid as awesome as it it, it needs to be changed out very very often! as it is silicone based and very corrosive, I have herd ton of great thing about the RBF600 and i would just generally stick with that as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Buickfans View Post
    i would never run a DOT 5 brake fluid way to much work, that brake fluid as awesome as it it, it needs to be changed out very very often! as it is silicone based and very corrosive, I have herd ton of great thing about the RBF600 and i would just generally stick with that as well!
    i wouldnt even know the difference,,, i would just use the oem brake fluid whatever it is.. anyone care to explain the differences?

5. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Just some info..
    you can't use dot5 in your car, dot5 doesn't work with abs..
    stick with whatever GM gives you.... should say on the cap anyways.. most likle dot3 or 4...
    Just flush it out every 2 years MAX

Unless you are racing a verano lol..... you do not need RBF600.. or anything similar

It's not one of those things where you would ever feel or notice the difference

Quote Originally Posted by G Speed View Post
    Just some info..
    you can't use dot5 in your car, dot5 doesn't work with abs..
    stick with whatever GM gives you.... should say on the cap anyways.. most likle dot3 or 4...
    Just flush it out every 2 years MAX

Unless you are racing a verano lol..... you do not need RBF600.. or anything similar

It's not one of those things where you would ever feel or notice the difference
    Im not much of a gear head so usually I stick with fluid I get from the dealership. My local Buick dealership is nice enough that if/when I need a top up on specific fluids, they'll do it. SO yea i never touch that stuff.

Use the recommended DOT 3 Hydraulic Brake Fluid (GM Part No. 88862806, in Canada 88862807) from a tightly sealed container and avoid getting the fluid on anything that is painted. If you do spill, wash it off with plenty of water.

As the brake pads wear, the fluid level will go down slightly. That condition is normal, and it does not require you to add brake fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Use the recommended DOT 3 Hydraulic Brake Fluid (GM Part No. 88862806, in Canada 88862807) from a tightly sealed container and avoid getting the fluid on anything that is painted. If you do spill, wash it off with plenty of water.

As the brake pads wear, the fluid level will go down slightly. That condition is normal, and it does not require you to add brake fluid.

brake fluid loves paint, had some bad experience with that once, thankfully it was on a fender I was able to swap out easily

10. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)