moaning sound low speed
NEWS

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: moaning sound low speed

moaning sound low speed

My Verano has 1000 miles and has an intermittent moaning sound at slow speeds. It continues while stopped at a light. It isn't related to braking or turning. It makes the sound with or without cruise control on or the AC. The dealer said that if the check engine light isn't on and it doesn't consistently make the sound, there's nothing they can do. The sound seems to be increasing and is very noticeable. Has anyone had this problem and/or have any suggestions?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

That's weird. Usually the typical cause of this sound would be brakes or the steering system (rank and pinion). Can you record the sound?

Have you taken it into the dealership?

Good idea on recording the sound. I haven't taken it in yet, but I have called and was told to wait until the check engine light comes on. It hasn't, but the sound is loud enough that my Toyota owning friends are making fun of my purchase. Yikes.

mertis,

I'm sorry you are having this moaning issue. I would recommend taking your Verano to have your dealership diagnose the issue. Please keep me updated on your situation?

Evan, Buick Customer Service
    The new Owner's Center is here, visit: my.buick.com!!

Quote Originally Posted by mertis View Post
    Good idea on recording the sound. I haven't taken it in yet, but I have called and was told to wait until the check engine light comes on. It hasn't, but the sound is loud enough that my Toyota owning friends are making fun of my purchase. Yikes.
    if it's coming from the drivetrain or something else other than the engine a light on the dash might not pick it up, i would bring that up to a service advisory at the dealership if i were you

Does it only make a sound when the car is moving? can you record a video and post it for us to diagnose.

dg2
    I have a 2013 Verano and just noticed this noise over the weekend. II have 1500 miles and at very low speed it sometimes makes a moaning sound kinda sounds like rubbing wet fingers around the rim of a wine glass. I will take into dealer but if anyone has an idea what this could be please help.

Quote Originally Posted by dg2 View Post
    I have a 2013 Verano and just noticed this noise over the weekend. II have 1500 miles and at very low speed it sometimes makes a moaning sound kinda sounds like rubbing wet fingers around the rim of a wine glass. I will take into dealer but if anyone has an idea what this could be please help.
    Have you taken your car into the dealership? If you haven't already it would be a good idea if you did. This issue seems all too common.
    The more Buick hears about this issue the more serious they will take it!

While your their you might want to ask them if there is a TSB on it.

dg2
    Not yet as I just nnoticed over the weekend. Took on an 800 mile road trip. The Verano drives amazing. Was very surprised to hear this noise. I will get to dealer soon

Quote Originally Posted by dg2 View Post
    Not yet as I just nnoticed over the weekend. Took on an 800 mile road trip. The Verano drives amazing. Was very surprised to hear this noise. I will get to dealer soon
    Please do as soon as you can! The sooner the better, and of course update us once you do

12. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.