low end power
NEWS

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: low end power

low end power

Is it me , 1st & 2nd gear feels sluggish, I had a 2010 mazda3 automatic with a 2.5 (167hp 154 tq) and it was defintely quicker and more responsive. Is there anything that can be done to help bring some life into this beautiful ride? Thnks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

I haven't had a look at the gear ratio's but the first and second gear may be long gears.

Mazda's are known to feel like that and be more responsive.

Is there any type of mod that can help some and won't sacrifice anything else or void any warranties?

Quote Originally Posted by Figgy70 View Post
    Is there any type of mod that can help some and won't sacrifice anything else or void any warranties?
    Cold air intake might help, but it's not something you can expect to get big gains on.

In my opinion my car has great power for a 4banger anywhere under 2.4k rpm. I easily go through city driving. I really do not know how people complain about power with this car. I had a 2003 Olds Alero with a 2.4 and this thing just kills it for lows in comparison. The 6 speed helps. At 55mph I can go up a decent long hill, lets say 400 yards, in 6th gear at 1.6rpm the entire time. Ive noticed this car LOVES cold weather for power. 20-30 degrees F is the best so far.

I agree with TylerTron21. Plenty of power around town. Japanese cars are almost without exception twitchier off the line; I've owned Hondas for decades before my Verano and I'm convinced it's the gearing. So, Figgy70, the simple solution is to press harder on the accelerator pedal; you can spin the fronts if you like.

Also at least with domestics, we have more torque than the typical Japanese car, so "getting off the line" is fairly easy.

I think the 2.0L turbo would help with that low end problem.

Putting the car in 2nd off the line gives a nice low mid pull. First gear is almost useless to me, we'll actually annoying when it shifts so darn hard into second all the time,..lol

11. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.