How often should I change my oil?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums – General discussion forum for Buick Verano

Welcome to Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums - a website dedicated to all things Buick Verano.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Verano Talk Forum : Buick Verano Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How often should I change my oil?

How often should I change my oil?

how often do you guys recommend i change my oil? im trying to figure out what would be my yearly maintenance cost on the verano when i pick one up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Whenever in doubt I would just follow the manufacturers recommended intervals. They obviously know what their doing.

I wouldn't exactly use the factory recommendation. But instead use it just as a guide. Basically the harder you push your engine the sooner you should do the oil change

thanks guys!!! ill definitely take those into consideration!! now all i need to do is learn how to do the oil changes myself. lol

most people do 3000-5000 miles depending on how hard you drive and how you feel about changing your oil that often.

I hate to sound like a newbie but I need help from someone. I've worked on cars for over 30 years and can't find the oil filter for my 2012 Verano. I saw what looks like a container on the driver's side of the engine but it's difficult to access. Is that it and how do you remove the cap? Thanks for any help.

I figured out where the filter was...man is that a pain to get to...so many lines and wires in the way. I mean really, what were they thinking? ...or were they?

Quote Originally Posted by harm_333 View Post
    I figured out where the filter was...man is that a pain to get to...so many lines and wires in the way. I mean really, what were they thinking? ...or were they?
    If you have a rachet with an extension, it isn't too bad to get into. That said, the pain is getting the splash guard off to get to the drain underneath. I believe the dealer just lets the oil drain onto it on the oil's way out.

10. Remove Advertisements
    VeranoTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.